Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham

Someday, Someday, Maybe had been on my tbr list for a few years. While trying to compile my list of audiobooks for February, my Library just happened to have the digital copy in stock so I figured it was time to cross it off my list. 

Source: Goodreads

Someday, Someday, Maybe follows a fictionalized year of Franny Banks, a struggling actress/waitress living in Brooklyn in the mid-nineteen nineties. She's given herself a deadline that by the end of this year if she hasn't made definitive progress with her goal of becoming a "real" actress, she will give up and get a "real" job. She manages to get some small parts and hit milestones along the way, while getting tangled in personal relationships and throwing herself off track. 

I enjoyed listening to Lauren Graham give Franny her voice, but the narrative itself left me wanting. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I guess I wanted a but more. I was less than thrilled with the ending and I suppose I found the story a bit lackluster. Franny made a lot of wrong choices and did eventually make some right ones, but I have no idea how they turned out. Sure, I can take a guess based on Lauren Graham's career but it would have been nice to have been given just a bit more.

I give it a solid 2.5 (2 on Goodreads) stars because I felt so disappointed when it ended. My first thought was literally, "wait, that's it?".  Have you ever wanted something more from a book? Especially one touted as a best seller or one that just didn't live up to the hype? 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top