February Recap

So this is my very late February recap! February was hectic for me, was it for you? The weather here in California was all over the place with some weeks in the 70s and some in the 40s-50s. Mother nature can't seem to make up her mind.

Bookish things
I managed to get quite a bit of reading done last month! 11 books total, and managed to review a handful.

2. Defy
5. The Enchanted*
6. Washington's Lady
7. Snow Falling on Cedars
8. Catalyst*
11. Boneshaker*


I think my favorite reads were Queen of Shadows, Rebel Belle, and Queen of Tomorrow. I'm excited to be caught up with Aelin's story, Rebel Belle was a fun quirky read, and Queen of Tomorrow helped get me out of a reading slump. Those marked with an asterisk were audiobooks and are part of my Audiobook 2016 challenge!

I started The Orphan Queen but just couldn't get into it. I managed to get through about 57%, but finally had to set it aside. I'm planning to come back and finish it, but not yet. It has such great reviews, and maybe it's just me, but I really don't think it's living up the all they hype. Maybe when I take a look at it with fresh eyes, it'll be better, no?

I also received my order of Harry Potter and Throne of Glass bookmarks from Magic Bookmarks on Etsy. They had to come all the way from Spain, so shipping too a while, but they were definitely worth the wait. I ordered Harry, Hermione, Ron, Celaena, Dorian, Choal, and threw in Jack Skellington for good measure.


Crafty things 
I made some real progress on my Hogwarts crest this month. You can check out my progress updates on instagram too :)

It's definitely been slow going, trying to squeeze in time between work, family, and reading, but I'm getting there. Almost done with page 2 of 12 of the pattern. My Gryffindor Lion is starting to show and the crest has a top! I also bought my first needle minder from Needlegoods on Etsy. When I saw the Claddagh design I knew I had to have it, and I couldn't resist the "I drink and stitch" thread holder. 

The thread holder actually started to rub off after about two weeks and the shop owner was so, so nice about it, she replaced my thread holder right away.and even gave me a pair of scissors for free. I've had no issues with the replacement. So not only does she offer cute, affordable items, her customer service is top notch and I would definitely recommend her shop!

Non-bookish or crafty things
My stress fracture was finally healed enough the first weekend of February that I could start running again after being in a boot for 6 weeks. It helped that the weather had been so nice. I used to be able to run almost 7 miles at a time, but having been forced to take so much time off, I'm hitting my wall around 3. It's frustrating, but I'll get back there. Here's a picture of me all sweaty after 3 miles in 61 degrees. It was glorious. Pretty sure I was listening to Boneshaker during that run.


I also discovered my new favorite coffee creamer! This stuff is seriously amazing. No chemicals or artificial sweeteners, just natural cream and salted caramel deliciousness. If they sell this in your area, you should definitely pick some up!

How was your February? Did you discover any new great reads? Have any recommendations for me? What about cross stitch or crafts or anything at all?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top