Cross Stitch Update

I thought I'd take the time to do an update just on my cross stitch projects at the moment. Currently I have 3 that I'm working on. Usually I stick to just one, but my Hogwarts Crest is going to take me probably through the rest of the year to complete, and I wanted to throw something else in the mix to get that sense of accomplishment, then I found out a co-worker is leaving and wanted to make her something before she leaves. Hence 3 projects!

So far, I've completed 4 of 12 pages for my Hogwarts Crest! I finally get to move on to the middle section. I started this the second week of January (I think) and it's taken me almost 4 months to complete this much. There's still 8 pages of the pattern to go! I know it will be worth it when it's done, but it's a bit daunting.


Here's a glimpse at the surprise project for my husband I mentioned in my March Recap. I posted this picture on Instagram and one person already guessed the pattern. I'm sure many more out there can guess what it is, but let's just hope he doesn't see it! ;)


This is my last minute gift. For my fellow Browncoats, I'm sure you recognize Jayne's beanie! Next to it, there will be the text, "Shiny. Let's be bad guys." My co-worker is also a huge Firefly fan, so I hope she likes it!


And for fun, I wanted to show off the two new needle minders I picked up from A Needle Runs Through It via Etsy. Aren't they adrobs?! Of course I had to mix my two faves, books and stitching, so I chose a Pride & Prejudice quote, and a Harry Potter one.


Are you working on any projects? I'd love to see them! Leave me some links/recs in the comments!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top