Monthly Recap


February was gone in the blink of an eye! The month of so many wonderful book releases, Valentine's Day, and lots and lots of rain.


I only read eight books this month, but I'm still on track for both my Goodreads and Audiobook reading challenges! Are you participating in any challenges?
The Secret Place by Tana French* 3/5
The Beast is an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale 4/5
The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden* 4/5
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas 5/5
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab 4/5
A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab 5/5
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff* 3/5

My two favorite reads this month were A Court of Mist and Fury and A Conjuring of Light. I'm not sure why I put off reading ACOMAF for so long, it was amazing! I can't wait for the third book to come out in May. As soon as I finished it, I went and pre-ordered my copy. As a side note, Maas & Bloomsbury is offering a poster of the official map for those who submit their receipts for A Court of Wings and Ruin

My other favorite read was A Conjuring of Light. It's one of my top three anticipated releases of 2017 and #1 for February. And oh my. I loved every minute of the finale of the Shades of Magic series. I'm so sad it's over and I had a book hangover for days after finishing it. This series is so damn good! Please read it, I'm telling you. Fantasy, magic, pirates, thieves, princes, villains, and one very peculiar coat. So, so incredible! 

Did you get anything bookish for Valentine's Day? My husband surprised me with an Uppercase subscription! It was so unexpected but completely on point. My first one arrived with a sign copy of By Your Side by Kasie West, Pride and Prejudice themed tea and matching bookmark, a personalized letter, a Sherlock 223B key necklace (which I've been wearing almost daily), and a few other items. I'm excited to see what the next months boxes bring!!
I think I only stitched 2-3 days this month, but I made a little progress on my raven.
In February, my husband and I took a weekend trip to Monterey, CA. It was the first full weekend away we've had in about 2 years and it was wonderful! I haven't been to Monterey since I was in high school and I got to see so many new things aside from the Aquarium.

We acutally were really disappointed with the Aquarium, which was geared almost exclusively toward children, and was packed with rude people who expected you to move out of the way and cater to them and their kids simply because we didn't have kids of our own. We only stayed for about an hour and a half before we had to leave. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, and I have no problem with them! I have a problem with parents who think they and their children are entitled to push you out of the way or cut in front of you simply because they have kids and you don't.


Anyway
, after a disappointing (and expensive) morning at the Aquarium, we decided to try our luck on a last minute whale watching tour, and I'm so glad we did!  We cruised out of the Bay and right through the gray whale's migratory area and say tons of groups of whales. It was pretty amazing. They weren't close enough for me to get photos of, but just the experience was something I will treasure.

We also found the Ghirardelli hot chocolate store! Wherever there is one, we will find it. I'm telling you, this stuff is amazing and worth EVERY PENNY.

March is bringing big things! We're going on a huge vacation (#1 on my bucket list) and let's just say it involves two 10.5+ hour flights, Harry Potter, going "across the pond" and I CANNOT WAIT! I hope to tell you so much more about it in my next recap!

How was your February? Do you have big plans for March? 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top