Monthly Recap


March was amazing! I think I might call it now and say it was the best month of the year for me. While I didn't get much reading done, I went on the vacation of a lifetime! My husband and I put a huge check on my bucket list and ventured across the pond to London.


Luckily I haven't fallen behind on my reading challenges, but I didn't get through a whole lot this month.


The Valiant by Lesley Livingston  4/5 
The Young Elites by Marie Lu  3/5 
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr 4/5 
Uprooted by Naomu Novik 5/5 
The Trespasser by Tana French* 3.75/5 
Gotham City Sirens (Book One) 4/5 
Gotham City Sirens (Book Two) 4/5 
*2017 Audiobook Challenge Listen

All the Light We Cannot See was my book club's choice read for the month. I didn't think I would like it, but I ended up really enjoying it, but everyone else in my book club seemed to dislike it. Most didn't even finish it, which really surprised me!

My favorite reads were A Man Called Ove and Uprooted. Both have been on my TBR for a while and they did not disappoint. Ove was a heartwarming story about a grumpy old man set in his ways, and Uprooted is a great fantasy with a strong female lead. It's not part of a series, so if you're looking for an engaging read that you won't get sucked into for years, it's a great choice.

I caught a cold on my vacation which turned into pneumonia, so my first week back I only made it to work half the week before I could barely function. I got a nice regimen of antibiotics and new inhalers, which helped, but the antibiotics were awful! While convalescing, after the meds kicked in, I spent some time working on my Hogwarts Crest. I finished page 8 of 12 of the pattern and am finally in the home stretch! I'm hoping to have it finished soon.

Hogwarts Crest by Pages and Patterns



On to the main event!! While other things did happen this month, arguably the most exciting for me was my first trip to London! We wanted to make the most of our trip, so we tried to cram in as much as possible, including the Tower of London, WB Studio Tour London for the Making of Harry Potter, Westminster Abbey, and more.

All pictures below were taken by my husband!
WB Tour London

WB Tour London


Tower Bridge Experience

Windsor Castle

Had to get a photo in a red phone booth!
We ate tons of food, explored so many sights, and I'm already wishing to go back. All-in-all, it was the trip of a lifetime. I dearly hope to go back because there's so much more to see, but we made some great, lasting memories!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top